Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Part I--What Differentiation Means to Me

Differentiation, What it Means to Me...
As a future educator, i realize the many different needs of each of my future students. Some of my students may learn visually, some might learn by being physically active, and some might just have a hard time comprehending any information at all. I realize that my students will all come from different backgrounds, cultures, family situations, etc. Each one of my students are DIFFERENT and I must plan accordingly to meet the needs of each of my students.

But, How Can I...?

  • Teach all the students at the same time, when it makes sense to do so.
  • Teach students in groups when it make sense to do so.
  • Make everyone feel accepted and welcome in my classroom.
  • Study each student, find strategies to help each student learn.

Morning Meetings

  • Helps build classroom community
  • Helps gets to know each of your students (when they share)
  • The group activity or "game" helps takes the wiggles out of students
  • Fun!
  • Helps students, "get ready for learning"
  • Builds social and academic skills
  • All class members are involved
  • Ground rules are discussed
  • Helps children feel welcome in the classroom

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on these responses, Kimberley! You discussed specific points from the articles, and "showed" me how you are making sense of this information... adding it to the knowledge and desires you already have about teaching. 4 points!

    ReplyDelete